DR. YVONNE KNIGHT is board certified by the American Board of Dermatology and has been practicing in Richmond, VA for over 25 years.
She attended the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, and received her Bachelors of Science degree in pre-medical studies while she began a creative and lucrative career in jewelry making, marketing to major department stores. As planned, she still entered Howard University Medical School in Washington D.C. and graduated, followed by internship and residency training in dermatology and dermatologic surgery at Howard University Hospital, rotating through hospitals throughout the D.C. area.
Over the past years, she has been a medical news reporter for Health Team Six, a medical segment on the local CBS affiliate. She has lectured widely to universities and medical meetings as well as presented to numerous social and civic groups.
She is an Associate Clinical Professor in the Department of Dermatology at the VCU Medical Center.
A board certified dermatologist, Dr. Knight has specialized training in the following areas:
- Advanced Dermatologic Surgery
- Micrograft Hair Transplantation
- Cosmetic Micropigmentation
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Therapy
- Cosmetic Facial Enhancement
- Cosmetic Treatment of Aging Face With Injectables
- High Frequency Radio Wavelength Treatments
- Fractional Resurfacing of the Skin
In addition to her clinical appointments, Dr. Knight is a member of the following professional organizations:
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society of Cosmetic Dermatology & Aesthetic Surgery
- National Medical Association
- Richmond Medical Society
- Richmond Academy of Medicine
- Old Dominion Medical Society
- Women in Focus Richmond Academy of Medicine
Lauren Shutt, PA-C
Lauren is a certified Physician Assistant born and raised in Richmond. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in the Science of Human Nutrition, Foods and Exercise at Virginia Tech. She then attended Shenandoah University in Winchester, Virginia, and graduated with a Master of Science degree in Physician Assistant studies. Lauren is a member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants (SDPA), and the Medical Society of Virginia. She is very excited to be back home in Richmond and pursuing her passion for dermatology."
Back to Top